If I had a Boat

Monday, February 8, 2016

THE TETHERED WORLD--Book Review

Sadie Larcen is more than content to lead a normal, introverted life with her loving family until her parents mysteriously disappear, and suddenly, nothing--not even the gnomes in her Aunt's garden--is what it seems. 
~
Ages ago I did a little interview with some random person named Heather Fitzgerald who wanted to be introduced to the blogging world. I was happy just to have some recognition on my blog! Little did I know just who I was dealing with. Little did I know that Heather Fitzgerald would become the author of THIS beauty!

WOW. What other word could possibly describe this book? It was fun, well-written, and had a warm, familiar feel that made me want to be twelve again. The Tethered World is just one of those books. One that stands out and works its way into a special place in your heart. It's not even a remotely plausible plot, and that's what makes it so endearing. It made you say, "Ok, I'm throwing reality to the wind, and I'm going to enjoy it!"
Basically, it's a true fantasy.
 It felt like a more classic, firmly established Goosebumps that had a run-in with the Pagemaster. 

 And Brock? What a precious character. 

Heather L. L. Fitzgerald did a stellar job with this brand new book of hers.
I mean, this was her first book to publish. Ever. And it's already a classic in my heart. Such wholesome, happy books are rare these days, and I couldn't help but smile through every page!

Keep an eye on this one, folks. It's going places. 

And for heaven's sake, go order it NOW! 

5 comments:

  1. That is an AMAZING cover! I'll have to keep my eye on this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the FABULOUS post. I'm blushing :) What a divine appointment we had a couple years ago :) Sure appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely going on my want to read list! The cover is seriously cool too, bit I do have a little obsession with fungi and glowing things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Carla Darling. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to know you and get connected with you through your profile and blog post on the google because of who you are in the Lord Jesus Christ. I love getting connected with the people of God around the world to be encouraged, strengthen and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 36 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to MUMBAI with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. You will have many live stories of the life in the slums of the poorest of poor. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. Also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2016

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Carla Darling. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to know you and get connected with you through your profile and blog post on the google because of who you are in the Lord Jesus Christ. I love getting connected with the people of God around the world to be encouraged, strengthen and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 36 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to MUMBAI with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. You will have many live stories of the life in the slums of the poorest of poor. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. Also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2016

    ReplyDelete