If I had a Boat

Friday, August 22, 2014

The Moon Master's Ring

I hate to keep harping on about Five Glass Slippers this and Five Glass Slippers that, but please just bear with me a post longer...
I have a ring. It's a big, lovely ring made from a very old button that came from within the vault of an equally old bank. It's called "The Turquoise and Moon Glow Ring" from Grandmother's Buttons, which is a jewelry store inside an old bank. The rings, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings are all made from antique buttons. Cool, right?
Inside the vault
Isn't is just perfect for The Moon Master's Ball?

  And here I am modeling it.

Anyway, you really should check out the store. It's full of whimsical jewelry, and I think every fairy tale writer should have at least one (make that two) pieces of jewelry that reflects their work. So why don't you do a little bit of shopping at Grandmother's Buttons? At least browse their find jewelry...perhaps you'll get some writerly inspiration from it!

Do you have any pieces of jewelry that have found their way into your story? I'd love to hear about them!



13 comments:

  1. Oh, if that isn't just the loveliest thing! I have never quite put any piece of jewelry into a post but it is a fine idea indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yes, do a post about some of your fine jewelry! ;)

      Delete
  2. Lovely store! Alas, there was no Moon Medallion...I have one necklace with a pretty little crescent moon. It hasn't started waxing and waning with the moon yet of course, but maybe someday....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that necklace sounds gorgeous, Hannah! (A waxing and waning medallion, hmm? Is this more insight to your story...?)

      Delete
  3. That ring is so beautiful! Grandmother's Buttons look like a fun store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that ring! Where is Grandmother's Buttons, by the by? Can you order from online?

    Oh, and you wouldn't BELIEVE how much STUFF fills my room just because it resembles something in one of my stories. Speaking of which, though this isn't quite on the subject, a few spelling lessonweeks ago I found a bronze-stone necklace at Goodwill. So, wearing that, I like to set my red hair loose and march around with my head held high and a 'defiant' expression on my face. "I look like Daylily when she was part of Cren Cru. *superior laugh* I dare you cross me now!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can absolutely order from online :) here's the link: http://shop.grandmothersbuttons.com/

    Oh no!!! Beware the bronze-stone necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Bronze doesn't like what you said.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tee hee! That's a beautiful ring, Clara. It's good to see you blogging again! We missed you dreadfully! Now, I must check out that website...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, missed you too, Allison! Hope you enjoyed browsing Grandmother's Buttons ;)

      Delete