If I had a Boat

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Updates!

Well, the release date of Five Glass Slippers is so near, I'm practically pinging off of walls with excitement! But you can actually order it now on Amazon. Be sure to grab your own copy!
 And can you believe that only yesterday I was trying to convince someone not to buy it? What kind of writer am I?

 It was a somewhat gruff gentleman, who probably hasn't read a fairy tale in his life, who was writing down the title and saying he would buy it, and that he couldn't wait to read it on his Kindle. I told him, "But my story is a fairy tale! It's kind of weird, too..." But he still said he would read it, which is slightly nerve-wracking...  

My Grandmother pre-ordered her copy of Five Glass Slippers, and she recieved it Monday! Since I don't have my copy yet, and Anne Elisabeth doesn't have hers, she's got herself one of the earliest editions...a fact my Grandmother is proud of!
Isn't it such a beautiful book? So thick and shiny...

But she isn't the only person to get their copy before me.

Jakob Cook, British Instagramming friend, just got his copy as well! Now, I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty cool :)

(have an Instagram account? follow him @jakob_cook)
Reviews

There have been several lovely reviews for, not only The Moon Master's Ball, but the other stories as well.
Check out the book's Goodreads page to read what the first readers thought!

Best-selling author M. I. McAllister was kind enough to read and review as well! And do be sure to check out her very own blog, From the House of Stories. Also, her new book, Archie's War is due to release July! I don't know about you, but a book that includes a boy, a dog, and the first world war sounds rather good to me...

Amazon also has a few reviews up, so be sure to check those out as well. After reading the reviews, I can't WAIT to read the other four stories!

Are you excited for the blog tour hosted by the experienced Amber Stokes (aka The Fairy Godmother)? I am! There will be lots of fun happenings and giveaways during the tour. The theme is, "Cinderella for a Day".

There have also been some more posts on the Five Glass Slippers blog. One post is by the lovely Emma Clifton, and Rachel Heffington. Don't you want a little more insight to their characters? Well, then, follow the link!

You might've seen a blogger by the name of Ghost Ryter about the blogs. Well, she has a blog of her own, and now has a followers gadget! Do pop on over to anything, everything, and leave her a note!
She asked the other day how To Find a Castle was coming along, and I thought it was high time I did a little spoiler-free post on it! So be looking for that in the near future.

Also, Ashley Willis Leakey's book is now officially released! Woohoo! Do you have your copy of The Word Changers, yet?

Goodness, that was a lot of updates, but I hope you're excited about all the goings on in the blogosphere!

18 comments:

  1. I look forward to getting a copy for myself Clara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Rebecca! I hope you'll like it! :D

      Delete
  2. AGH. Pictures of the real live book. Be still, my heart. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TELL ME ABOUT IT! And my big sis just got her copy yesterday! I'm still refraining from reading any of the other stories till I have my very OWN copy in my hands!

      Delete
  3. Such fun news! Five Glass Slippers looks like it turned out beautifully in print - no surprise there! So special to share this time with your grandma. ♥ And LOL about the gruff gentleman. I totally know what you mean... You want to tell people, "It's all right if you don't want to read it! Just because you know me doesn't necessarily mean it's the right story for you. Then I won't know what you'll think of me..." Haha.This is especially true when you right romance. ;)

    Thanks so much for the sweet mention! (I love being "The Fairy Godmother"! ;)) Looking forward to the blog tour! And here's hoping you get your copy of the book soon. :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, where would the Slipper Sisters be without their Fairy Godmother? (Rachel Heffington coined the term 'Slipper Sisters', and I'm rather fond of it :))

      Delete
  4. I just received my copy today!! So excited. And thanks for the shout-out, Clara :) Good luck with the launch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashlee! I'm actually ordering 'The Word Changers' as we speak...

      Delete
  5. I got my copy yesterday and have already read two and a half stories. I will be doing full reviews, so be sure to check them out! I cannot congratulate you enough, Clara. : D This is really inspiring me to do my absolute best for Five Enchanted Roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, how exciting, Allison! Hope you're enjoying!

      I absolutely cannot WAIT for the Five Enchanted Roses...I'm sure your entry will be nothing short of fantastic! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm going to be ordering my copy of "Five Glass Slippers" in the next few days, and I can't wait to read it!
    I can only image what it must feel like to hold YOUR OWN PUBLISHED BOOK IN YOUR OWN TWO HANDS. Please don't gloat too much. : )
    Aw, thanks for mentioning my blog. We will be eagerly awaiting that To Find a Castle post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY COPY!! Anne Elisabeth said she just got a box full of her publisher's copies, so it should be coming my way before too long... :)

      Delete
  7. I pre-ordered Five Glass Slippers and received it yesterday!! The book is so beautiful, thick and all around awesome...can't wait to read all the stories! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how exciting! Make sure you get yourself a cup of tea before delving in... (if you like tea, that is. Coffee or even hot chocolate would do as well :D)

      Thanks so much for joining my blog! It's so always thrilling to get more followers. :)

      Delete
  8. I am so happy it is coming out soon! Of course, I have read it already...but I would like a paperback copy someday. I enjoyed it so much.

    The Word Changers! I love that one

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very exciting these updates - congratulations on the publication of your novella, Clara! It must be very exciting. I really can't wait to read your story, and the "Moon Master's Ball" has intrigued me so much through what I have heard of it. =)

    By the by, last Thursday, my blog, Fullness of Joy had its 3rd birthday :). To celebrate the event, I am hosting a blog-party of "special magnificence" throughout the week, and as a cherry-top icing a fun giveaway for three winners to end it all. It will be a week long tag series, with every day or so I'll be making different literary-themed topic tags, about different genres such as the classics, fantasy, mystery, children's, etc . . which everyone can join in with. And I am dearly hoping you would - it would thrill me very much and also it should prove some fun, I think :)

    Today's topic is "Historical Classics" :)

    http://joy-live4jesus.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/through-looking-glass-blog-birthday.html?m=1

    I hope you can join!

    ReplyDelete