If I had a Boat

Monday, June 23, 2014

Sunflower Blog Award

Oh, goodness me, did you SEE Elisabeth Brown's beautiful dress for the blog tour? Why, that purple color is simply beautiful on her. This blog tour is loads of fun, isn't it? The music, the dress, and her Cinderella story were all such fun to see, hear, and read! I simply can't wait to see the other authoress's dress picks.

Not part of the blog tour? Follow the link to see a beautiful dress, hear a beautiful song, read a fun story, and enter your name for a chance to win a one-of-the-kind giveaway!

Moving on to other matters, Rina (from the lovely blog Rina's Reading) tagged me for the Sunflower Blog Award. What fun!


The Rules

1. Share 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions the previous blogger asked
3. Tag 11 bloggers and ask them 11 new questions


Alrighty, so here are eleven facts about me! I'll try not to be too boring.

1. I become incredibly attached to TV characters.
2. My dog is secretly a prince.
3. I don't know how, but I wound up with the Dwarf blood of the family. My brother and older sister inherited the Elvin blood, and look perfect no matter what they're doing. No such luck with me. Phooey.
4. I love to buy antiques.
5. I am the World's Biggest Procrastinator.
6. I have never read the first three LOTR, but I have read The Hobbit. What? Hannah, stop giving me that condemning look! I will read them...eventually!
7. One of my all-time favorite books is The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge.
8.  I used to threaten my sisters that if they ever got engaged, their wedding would be sabotaged. By me.
9. Disney's "The Lady and the Tramp" and "The Great Mouse Detective" greatly influenced The Moon Master's Ball.
10. Basil from "The Great Mouse Detective" was one of my biggest crushes. Oh, come on, he's the handsomest mouse ever!
11. Forget Mr. Darcy, give me Henry Tilney!

Eleven Questions for Me

If you could travel back in time and be the proverbial fly on the wall, when and where would you go?

Hm...I would love to be a fly on the wall when Jane Austen finished writing Pride and Prejudice.
I wonder if she was excited, relieved, or just mildly pleased with herself, and I wonder if she had any idea what mark her books would make on literature.

Favorite genre?
Fantasy! No doubt about it.

Favorite aspect of blogging?
Meeting new people in the blogosphere.

Least favorite part of blogging?
Getting over the scary fact that people are actually READING what I write.

If you could swap places with a book character, who would it be (and for how long)?
I would eagerly swap places with Christine from The Phantom of the Opera. Perhaps I could change a few plot points by acting different than the original Christine. If not, and if things start going south with Erik, I would like to go back to my normal life, please!

What's the longest you've stayed awake?
Six o'clock in the morning.

What are the next three books on your to read list?
Five Glass Slippers (currently reading), Fly Away Home by Rachel Heffington, and The Word Changers by Ashlee Willis Leakey.

Where do you get most of your books from?
Amazon.

Favorite place to read?
The sun room in my house. It's so bright and cheerie and has the world's most comfortable reading chairs ever!

You've been invited to a costume party. Who will you dress as?
Angelina Jolie in the movie The Tourist. The black ballgown she wears at the end of that movie...I want to wear it. Of course, I'd look nothing like her while wearing it, but I can dream, right?


What's the most memorable thing you've learned from a book?
That the yellow dog does not like the pink poodle's hat from Go Dogs Go by Doctor Seuss.

What great questions, Rina! They were fun to answer.

Now it's time for me to tag eleven bloggers...but methinks I'm going to cheat and only tag a few.

Hannah
Molly
Beka
ghost ryter
Emma

Please keep in mind that there's no need to participate if you'd rather not, and if any of you who I haven't tagged would like to participate, then please feel free to do so! 

My Questions for You

1. Who was your first literary crush?
2. What "type" of story do you see yourself retelling in different ways in your writerly future?
3. Do you snack while you write?
4. Favorite movie star?
5. Pretend your literary crush asks you to go on an adventure with him. How do you respond, and what sort of villains will you face?
6. What's your favorite fairy tale and why?
7. If you could choose to spend one day with anyone, who would it be?
8. Who do you most look up to in the writing world?
9. What character from LOTR would do you think you most resemble in personality?
10. Where do you spend most of your time?
11. What weapon would you prefer to fight with: sword, dagger, bow and arrows, or pistol?
_________

Alrighty, I hope to see you at the Royal Ball on Friday!




10 comments:

  1. I, too, have only read "The Hobbit-" when I was 11 or 12, years before the movies. My brother thinks I should read LOTR, and I would like to, I just have not gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I meant to tag you as well, Grace! Consider yourself now tagged. And I know, there just seem to be so many other books to read before LOTR. :)

      Delete
  2. Was the Emma you tagged me? If so, I'm delighted! And currently jetlagged...early this morning I came home from two weeks in the wonderful place known as Hawaii. But I was excited to finally hold my copy of Five Glass Slippers!!! So surreal to hold my writing in print. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hawaii?! How wonderful! I am reading your story right now, and it is absolutely delightful! And yes, the Emma I tagged was you indeed :D

      Delete
  3. Okay...I might have to do this one!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for participating! Really enjoyed your answers to my questions. And you asked some great questions for the next people as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for the tag! I had lots of fun :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the tag! This was fun to get to know more about you. = )

    ReplyDelete