If I had a Boat

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Rooglewood Press Announces ~FIVE ENCHANTED ROSES~

What you're about to see here is what you've probably already seen on quite a few other blogs.
It is something quite beautiful and exciting.
It is everything I was hoping for.
 
It is--
 
Five Enchanted Roses
 
Oh, have you ever SEEN a more beautiful cover in all your life?
*
Rooglewood Press is delighted to introduce their second fairy tale novella contest--
Five Enchanted Roses
a collection of “Beauty and the Beast” stories
The challenge is to write a retelling of the beloved fairy tale in any genre or setting you like. Make certain your story is recognizably “Beauty and the Beast,” but have fun with it as well. Make it yours!
Rooglewood Press will be selecting five winners to be published in the Five Enchanted Roses collection, which will be packaged up with the gorgeous cover you see displayed here. Perhaps your name will be one of the five displayed on this cover?
All the contest rules and information (how to enter, story details, deadline etc.) may be found on the Rooglewood Press website. Just click HERE and you will go right to the page.
Rooglewood Press’s first collection, Five Glass Slippers, is available for pre-order now and will be released on June 14. Do grab yourself a copy and see what these talented writers have done with the timeless “Cinderella” tale!
*
Well, what do you think about this exciting new contest? I know Beauty and the Beast is a fairy tale that is quite popular, It's certainly one of my favorites, so I'm sure you all have a story or two up your sleeves for Five Enchanted Roses...

 Will you be participating? I hope you will! Also, be sure to grab this lovely little blog button to add a little more decoration to your blog. :)
 

This cover illustration was rendered by Julia Popova, “ForestGirl.” You can find out more about this gifted artist on her website: www.forestgirl.ru

15 comments:

  1. THE COVER IS SO GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I CAN'T GET OVER ITS GORGEOUSNESS!!!

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOSH HANNAH ISNT IT! Are you guys going to enter?? : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I NOT enter a story for Beauty and the Beast?? :D Are you?

      Delete
    2. Yes!! I've spent the last four months preparing ideas for every fairytale up to and including Jack and the Beanstalk (glad we went the princessy route!) to be ready for whatever comes. : D

      Delete
  3. I know, THAT COVER, right? I feel these shivers of delight when I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to read and review the first collection and it was amazing! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this one. I am thinking of entering myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And I definitely hope you enter this go round! Perhaps a Beauty and the Beast with airships...?

      Delete
  5. By the way, I have to ask, how's "To Find a Castle" coming along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coming along very well! Which reminds me, I should probably do a post about it... :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Clara! I've awarded your blog the Sunflower Blogger Award. Here's the post about it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you so much, Rina! So sorry I had never followed your blog before now, btw. I look forward to reading your posts! :)

      Delete
  7. I just came from Miss Melody Muffin's blog. There was a lovely picture on it, and I thought "wow, what a beautiful Cinderella" because I thought it was a picture to illustrate your story. But now I suspect that perhaps it was a portrait of the author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you so much! You know how to make someone feel good! :D

      Delete