If I had a Boat

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Caelia Thistledown


You know how you get stuck for minutes...occasionally hours...on social media? And sometimes you happen upon a very cool something that you simply have to share?
 
This happened to me yesterday. I was browsing through Facebook (the downfall of all writers) and came across an artist who crafted each of her paintings after fairies and flowers and mermaids...all things that make for great "inspiration", or so I like to call it.
"Hey, I'm doing research!" I said.
That wasn't entirely true.
 
One of the artists' paintings, her name is Meredith Dillman, got me quite tickled. This is for all the cool Whovians out there.
 
Germinate! Germinate!
 
I instantly liked Meredith Dillman after seeing this picture!
 
But what's even better than the germinating Dalek is her Woodland Fairy Name painting. It's actually been a great source of inspiration of character names for me!
 
I am Caelia Thistledown.
 
Caelia? REALLY? Of all the other lovely names on the board, I had to get Caelia...although I suppose it is better than Pigwidgen.
 


What's your Woodland Fairy name?
Did you find any names that might be perfect for a few of your own characters? Do tell!
 
Hands off Quince Nettlewisp, though. That one's mine! :P
 

17 comments:

  1. I would be Elvia Cloversweet. :P I love the dalek picture! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Didn't you get a lovely name :) I know. I think I want that dalek...as long as it only says "germinate" instead of "exterminate"...

      Delete
  2. I am Raindrop Heathsong. <3 Awwwww. I always forget how much I love faeries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dalek is genius. And what a beautiful fairy name chart! Caelia is a lovely name, in my opinion. I am Hyacinth Wonderspell. I LOVE my last name. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Hannah, (or should I say Hyacinth) I love your name! It's very beautiful. It fits you perfectly :) And your last name is quite cool.

      Delete
  4. I get to be Jasmine Shimmermist. I like it!
    I somehow doubt that my husband would care to be Mr. Shimmermist, however. *sigh* ;-)
    Love the dalek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I doubt any military man would go for "Shimmermist" as a last name...lol!

      Delete
  5. Anyone who puts Daleks in their artwork is a friend of mine. And I love your name! Somehow, it fits you, I think. Oh, and I am Snapdragon Moonshadow, although Autumn Nettlewisp almost won me over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that Dalek is priceless! And thank you for liking my name :D

      Your name is be-yew-tiful! I love it! And Autumn Nettlewisp is indeed very pretty. ;)

      Delete
  6. I'm either Autumn Shimmermist or Autumn Dewspinner . . . I'm never quite sure if my last name (de Silva) starts with a "S" or a small "d." It's a quandary, to be sure. Could I be Autumn de Shimmermist? I suppose if I'm going by my author name I would be Autumn Shimmermist, which is easy and pretty.

    (Chuckling at the idea of my father being Mr. Shimmermist. Or Major Shimmermist! Heheheheh.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Autumn de Shimmermist sounds very important and high-class, if that's the kind of name you're going for. ;)

      LOL! Major Shimmermist...that's going to keep me laughing the rest of today! :D

      Delete
  7. Not sure I'm thrilled with my own name (Hyacinth Foxfeather) but definitely will refer to this for my writing projects. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blossom Wonderspell,.."sigh" ...and there were so many really pretty ones too. Okay, I'm adding my middle name. Blossom Lilliana Wonderspell. Much better. And I'm still laughing with Clara at the thought of a Major Shimmermist. Althouigh as far as fairy tales go, not so bad. Jets leave a shimmer mist in their wake, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay...contrail.

      Delete
    2. My husband might go for Major Afterburner Contrail, but that name is decidedly lacking in fairy-tale ambiance. LOL
      And I like your fairy name, Becky! Especially with the Lilliana added in.

      Delete