If I had a Boat

Thursday, April 10, 2014

To Find a Title

Something has been bugging me of late.
 
It's easy to come up with a story and plan it out and get excited over the potentials, but the hard part is coming up with a title for it. The story I'm working on has been nameless for a little while, and that drives me crazy! Before I wrote The Moon Master's Ball, I had come up with the title for it.
 
And still my story, my main story that really should have a title remains nameless.
 
So I thought. And I thought some more. 
 
I asked my Mom what I should call it and then she thought a little bit. It didn't take her nearly as long as me to come up with an answer.
"Clara," she said, "What about 'To Find a Castle'? I know that's the name of your blog, but it's a good title for your story, too."
Yes! Yes it is! DUH!
 
Of course To Find a Castle is perfect for my story because, well, all the characters are searching for a castle. So there you have it. The official title of my story is now To Find a Castle!
Thank you Mom for being a genius!
 
 


10 comments:

  1. I understand the trouble of finding just the right title. Sometimes I just write and hope that the title will eventually come, lol. It's good Moms can be great at seeing the obvious- awesome that your mom found just the right title for you. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moms are wonderful! That's a good idea to just write and then hope the title will come! I'll have to try it out :D

      Delete
  2. Love it! Makes me want to read it without knowing anything else about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for titles! They are hard for me too...and thinking of place-names, as well. So glad you have a title now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Place-names are killers. Usually what I do is just google British or Scottish baby names...lol :)

      Delete
    2. I claimed our families baby names book when mum was going to throw it out.

      Delete
  4. Isn't family awesome? Funny thing is, I also have trouble coming up with titles, and just yesterday my sisters and mother helped me find one, too. (And, like you, it was staring me straight in the face!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Family helps like no one else. :) I hope I can learn a little bit more about whatever it was that your sisters and mother helped you come up with...heh heh:)

      Delete
  5. I am now filled with curiosity, I can't wait for you to finish your book!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete