If I had a Boat

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

New Beginnings

Hello, one and all to my brand new blog! The idea for To Find a Castle came to me while I was doing some research for my manuscript, and thought, "Hey! Everyone does research trying to perfect that certain 'something' that their stories revolve around...why not make a blog about trying to perfect that idea, be it a castle, a space ship, or glass slipper?"

The underlying theme of my story is very simple. My characters are searching for the castle that was lost many years ago. Simple, right? In a way, it is. It's a very unoriginal plot theme that I have to make unique, and that's the hard part. I have much to learn, and I know that I will gain knowledge from each of you as I write, so please join me in my search To Find a Castle.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful new blog, Clara Darling! I will eagerly follow your adventures as you search for that elusive castle . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne Elisabeth! Hopefully that castle will turn up somewhere :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooo, what a beautiful blog, Clara! I love, love, your banner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Hannah! The artist who painted "Merlin and Arthur" is named Scott Gustafson. You should check out his gallery; he's my favorite artist!

      Delete
    2. A VERY nice artist!

      Are you going to be sharing bits of your story on your blog? :)

      And thank you so much for putting my blog button up!

      Delete
    3. I thought you'd like him:)

      Yes I am!

      No problem;)

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, so pretty! Can't wait to further follow your adventures! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Rebeka! I will share some of my story if you share some of yours... *sly grin*

      Delete
  4. Okay, sorry it took me so long to get over here.

    Wow! I think Scott Gustafson is about to become MY favorite artist, too.
    A question ... are you the author of "The Moon Master's Ball"?
    Good-luck with this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me! Did you write any of the stories?! I was really hoping you had!

      Delete
  5. The painting reminds me of my room before I clean it... Just kidding! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Same here... although mine doesn't look quite so pretty when it's messy!

      Delete